Version 22.214.171.124 (Released 17th September 2018)
Major Performance Improvements
We have put a great deal of effort into dramatically improving the performance of loading and interacting
with complex Civil 3D datasets in the ProjectExplorer user interface. Improvements are particularly noticeable
when working with complex pipe networks, alignments, surfaces and point groups.
New Alignment Station/Offset Comparison Tools
We have introduced a new set of dynamic reporting tools allowing the location of cogo points, feature line points,
parcel segments, and AutoCAD block references to be compared with any Civil 3D alignment or profile in terms
of station (chainage), offset and elevation. These tools may be used to generate reports, tables and spreadsheets,
or can be used in a live context within the ProjectExplorer window where Civil 3D design changes are reflected
dynamically in the results.
New Surface Elevation Comparison Tools
We have introduced a new set of dynamic reporting tools allowing the elevations of profiles, point groups, feature
lines, parcels, pipe runs, sample lines, and AutoCAD block references to be compared with the elevation of any
Civil 3D surface. These tools may be used to generate reports, tables and spreadsheets, or can be used in a live
context within the ProjectExplorer window where Civil 3D design changes are reflected dynamically in the results.
Multiple Selection Support
We have enabled multi-select support throughout the ProjectExplorer user interface. This allows the majority
of right-click editing functions to be carried out to multiple objects simultaneously, such as changing object
styles, swapping parts, generating quick reports, adding objects to object sets, and much more.
- Introduced support for Civil 3D 2019.
- Improved the performance generally of generating AutoCAD tables.
- Introduced more consistent scaling of viewport context highlighting symbols.
- Quick report and object set reporting functions now make full use of any
active object comparison selections.
- Description properties (where applicable) are now visible in the ProjectExplorer window for all object types and may be included in outgoing reports and spreadsheets.
- Properties for a range of object types have been re-ordered for better consistency and to accommodate the inroduction of Description properties.
- "Start new table after nth data row:" option has been introduced for table styles and report styles. This option is included specifically for reporting surface triangles and cogo points.
- Viewport highlighting for station/offset comparisons now includes text indicating the offset value for the selected point.
- Support has been added for changing Object Names, Descriptions and Object Styles for objects which are derived from data shortcuts.
Alignments and Profiles tab
- New right-click menu items have been added allowing multiple alignment or profile styles to be changed.
- The entity grouping option for alignment/profile points has been removed from the user interface.
- Added a "Compare To" option to compare alignment point locations with other alignments, profiles or surfaces.
- Profile View window now shows a profile line for any active "Compare To" object.
- Point codes and entity type names for alignments and profiles can now be customised.
- New right-click menu items have been added allowing multiple Assembly Styles, Assembly Code Set Styles, and Assembly Types to be changed.
- New right-click menu items have been added allowing multiple Corridor Code Set Styles, Corridor Auto Build Modes, and Corridor Region Lock Modes to be changed.
- Fixed a problem which caused corridor baseline, region and offset baseline properties to be missing from outgoing reports.
- Corridor View "Find" options are now remembered between subsequent ProjectExplorer sessions.
- Solved an issue where region names were missing in corridor baseline point and featureline reports under certain circumstances.
- New right-click menu items and keyboard shortcut support has been added to allow zooming/panning/highlighting for individual corridor lines and points.
- Added a "Compare To" option to compare corridor feature line point elevations with other surfaces.
Point Groups tab
- New Point Group right-click menu items have been added allowing multiple Point Styles and Point Label Styles to be changed.
- New COGO Point right-click menu items have been added allowing multiple Point Styles, Point Label Styles, Raw Description and Description Formats to be changed.
- Removed Point Group paging controls because user interface performance improvements means they are no longer required.
- Added a "Compare To" option to compare cogo point locations with other alignments, profiles or surfaces.
- Improved filtering tools have been implemented for cogo points.
- Tweaked the volume surface summary options in report styles to allow them to be shown in report footers even if the report footer fields table is not shown.
- Removed Surface Triangle paging controls because user interface performance improvements means they are no longer required.
- Improved filtering tools have been implemented for surface triangles and cells.
Site Feature Lines Tab
- New right-click menu items have been added allowing multiple Site Feature Line Styles to be changed and multiple Feature Lines to be raised or lowered.
- Changed the "polarity" of grade back values for consistency with Civil 3D Feature Line Elevation Editor.
- Added an Editable (Yes/No) data column for feature lines.
- Fixed a problem with the raise/lower option to ensure it is only available for editable feature lines.
- Added a "Compare To" option to compare feature line point locations with other alignments, profiles or surfaces.
- New right-click menu items have been added allowing multiple Parcel Styles and Area Selection Label Styles to be changed.
- Fixed a problem with the formatting of the deflection angle property for parcel segments, which was being displayed in radians instead of degrees.
- Added a "Compare To" option to compare parcel segment locations with other alignments, profiles or surfaces.
Pipe Networks Tab
- For pipe networks, new right-click menu items have been added allowing multiple Structure Plan Label Styles, Pipe Plan Label Styles, and Parts Lists to be changed.
- For structures and pipe runs, new right-click menu items have been added allowing multiple Structure Styles and Rule Set Styles to be changed.
- For pipes and pipe runs, new right-click menu items have been added allowing multiple Pipe Styles, Rule Set Styles, and Point Label Styles to be changed.
- Restricted the maximum height of the Start Structure and End Structure dropdown list. Previously these could extend beyond the available height of the AutoCAD window.
- Solved a problem which caused a long delay when opening the Start and End Structure drop down lists for complex pipe networks.
- Added a new property column for Structures showing a list of connected pipe names.
Sample Line Groups tab
- Added property columns for sample line section points allowing the X/Y location of each section point to be reported.
- Added keyboard shortcut support for highlightinh the X/Y location of sample line points in the AutoCAD viewport.
- Added a "Compare To" option to compare sample line section point elevations with other surfaces.
AutoCAD Blocks tab
- Added a "Compare To" option to compare block reference locations with other alignments, profiles or surfaces.
Object Sets tab
- Fixed a problem when editing object set properties which occurred if object sets were displayed in a custom order.
- Move to top and move to bottom buttons have been added for changing the order of objects in an Object Set.
- Fixed a problem with report header/footer tables where the header column was not being correctly formatted for HTML, DOCX, PDF, RTF, and XLSX files.
- Fixed a problem where an exception could be thrown if an empty Excel worksheet was generated.
- Excel worksheet names for Civil 3D profiles are now derived from the profile name and not the parent alignment name.
Version 126.96.36.199 (Released 15th December 2017)
- Improved the performance of displaying lists of pipe network structures, pipes and pipe runs in the ProjectExplorer User Interface.
- Changed the file encoding method for CSV files to UTF-8 with BOM solve a formatting issue which occurs when opening exported CSV files in Excel.
- Added a new violation condition for pipe networks to indicate when the associated Parts List is missing or invalid.
- Fixed an issue where Part Descriptions were missing from Pipe Network parts after using the ProjectExplorer "Swap Parts" option.
Version 188.8.131.52 (Released 1st December 2017)
- Introduced support for selecting multiple surfaces in the ProjectExplorer User Interface. Zoom to, pan to, select, rebuild, cut factor, fill factor, raise surface and surface style editing options can now be simultaneously applied to multiple surfaces.
- Introduced a new Volume Surface Summary status bar in the ProjectExplorer surfaces list. This status bar summarizes cut/fill volumes for all/selected Volume Surfaces in the drawing.
- Introduced a new lock/unlock icon in the ProjectExplorer surfaces toolbar. When locked, the new Volume Surface Summary is based on currently selected Volume Surfaces. When unlocked, the summary is based on all Volume Surfaces in the drawing.
- Added a new option to Preferences Styles and the Preferences Options dialog which controls whether the Volume Surface Summary selection lock is sticky between ProjectExplorer sessions.
- Added a new option to Layout Styles and the Layout Options dialog which controls the order and visibility of fields in the new Volume Surface Summary option.
- Added a new option to Report Styles and the Report Options dialog which controls whether a Volume Surface Summary should be included in the Report Footer.
- Cut and Fill Factor values for Volume Surfaces are now editable from the ProjectExplorer User Interface.
- Introduced support for generating surface reports which exclude triangle or cell details. This is achieved by turning off all data columns for surface triangles/cells in the associated Layout Style.
- Added a pre-flight check for missing SHX files when exporting to DWG files.
- Multiple parcel segments can now be selected in the ProjectExplorer User Interface.
- Fixed an issue with keyboard shortcuts which prevented them for working properly on lists where multiple selections are anabled.
- Fixed an issue with the "Raise/lower surface" option where the surface type was not being properly detected.
- Made a subtle cosmetic improvement to the border around all profile and section views in the ProjectExplorer User Interface.
- Fixed an issue with the "Select Link/Point/Shape Code from Code Set Style" option for subassemblies which was incorrectly adding a space between entries in comma delimited code lists.
Version 184.108.40.206 (Released 23rd November 2017)
- Fixed a problem which prevented TIN Volume Surface objects from being selected and displayed in the ProjectExplorer user interface.
Version 220.127.116.11 (Released 15th September 2017)
- Introduced support for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.
- Introduced reporting support for Excel XLSX files, PDF files, and RTF files.
- Enhanced reporting support for Word DOCX files, and HTML files.
- Introduced export support for 2D AutoCAD DWG files.
- Many enhancements to the capabilities of Object Sets.
- The functionality previously found in Layout Templates has been restructured and split into Layout Styles and Report Styles. Layout Templates from ProjectExplorer v3.0 are not supported in ProjectExplorer v4.0.
- Introduced support for reporting to AutoCAD tables. This is a process driven by a combination of Layout Styles and newly introduced Table Styles.
- Enhanced pipe network editing tools allowing multiple parts to be edited in a single operation.
- Many user interface improvements and bug fixes.
- For a full list of New Features in v4.0 refer to the ProjectExplorer 4 Online User Guide.
Version 18.104.22.168 (Released 21st September 2016)
- Introduced support for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017.
- Introduced a new Object Search tool.
- Introduced support for adding multiple objects to Object Sets in a single operation.
- Made a series of major User Interface enhancements including a new Section Viewer for Corridors.
- Introduced a a new tool for editing and reporting Pipe Runs.
- Many other enhancements which are outside the scope of this document.
Version 22.214.171.124 (Released 8th December 2015)
- Fixed a problem which caused ProjectExplorer to attempt to display details of previously erased AutoCAD Blocks.
Version 126.96.36.199 (Released 11th November 2015)
- Various minor improvements and bug fixes.
Version 188.8.131.52 (Released 1st September 2015)
- Introduced support for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016.
- Introduced Object Sets which allow multiple pre-configured reports to be generated from an AutoCAD drawing with a single button press.
- Introduced support for the display of Violations in the ProjectExplorer window, which highlight areas of the civil model where specified design goals are not being met.
- Introduced support for a range of keyboard shortcuts.
- Introduced a new object category for reviewing, editing and reporting of AutoCAD Blocks.
- Introduced wide ranging support for the ability to edit the civil model directly from the ProjectExplorer window.
- Many other enhancements which are outside the scope of this document.
Version 184.108.40.206 (Released 27th March 2014)
- The initial product release, supporting AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.